Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's in a Name?

What’s in a name? – Frankly, everything.

If you’ve ever read my blog before, you’ve probably noticed that it’s been renamed – oh, and it looks pretty different. Why have I gone to the drastic lengths of completely reinventing the look and feel of my blog? Well, a few reasons.

For the first one I’m going to refer you back to my last blog post “My Resignation” – it seems a bit repetitive to rewrite what’s already there.

The bottom line is that I just didn't think "Junk Food Junkie" spoke at all to where I want to go with this blog.

So why “Acquiring the Words”? One of my favourite books of all time is the Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. If you haven’t read it, don’t walk – run, to your nearest book seller or library and get yourself a copy. It is brilliant. The new name of my blog comes from a quote I have added as the sub header (scroll up – or just keep reading) “Listen. To live is to be marked. To live is to change, to acquire the words of a story, and that is the only celebration we mortals really know. In perfect stillness, frankly, I've only found sorrow.” You may have noticed that my blog is no longer about my food reformation. One of my co-workers pointed out that these days it’s more about revelation than reformation. So true. I want this blog to be somewhere I come to spill my guts. I want it to be the place where I put down the words I acquire while celebrating my story.

As for the format, I really just wanted something a little cleaner looking.

So, what do you think? Good choice? Bad Choice?

1 comment:

  1. I like the new title, and love the sentiment behind it.

    For the last few months I've been reminding myself that the story I tell myself (about my looks, my abilities, my choices, etc) has a huge impact on my happiness. It's all about finding the right words. Cathartic, healing, rejoicing, whatever. Words are important.

    Acquire the words. Live the journey.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete