Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fraud

I'm feeling like a fraud... I've fallen off my self created wagon, BIG TIME. It's been ages since I've paid much attention to my rules. My junkie tendencies have taken over... just one chip, just this time... and suddenly I'm a full fledged eater again. I'm still not quite making the connection between what I know, what I want and what I actually DO. So when I'm here I'm preaching, but I'm not practicing... I feel like a smoker telling everyone how successfully I've quit, telling them how they can do it too... and then sneaking out for cigarettes. So I'm outing myself. Part of why I created this blog was to have some accountability to all of this.

The problem isn't that we've slipped back into eating pre-packaged grocery store items... we're still pretty good when we do cook at home. The problem is that we've gotten back into our eating out habit.

So, time to recommit. This is just as important to me as when I started, but I'm having trouble seeing that right now. All I can see is the easy road and the excuses. I need to give some thought to next steps.

I advised a friend today that to succeed at something she was trying to change, she needed more than just goals. I told her she needs to decide what steps were going to get her to her goals. So maybe I should be following my own advice (gee, you think??). My ultimate goal is to be a healthier/happier person... pretty vague and indefinable. I need something more tangible.

Ok... so here's my homework for tonight:
1) Set tangible goals
2) Decide on steps to achieve those goals
3) Set markers for success, and rewards for reaching those markers

It's Wednesday, so I'll report back by Friday.

In the mien time, if you have any suggestions to set me on my way feel free to let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Menus. Plan them a week at a time, and shop for only the menu items and nothing else.

    If you're going to go "off course" for a treat or splurge, work for it. Make it a walk to a 7-11 for a small bag of chips or bike to the Starbucks 5km away.

    ReplyDelete